Sunday, October 4, 2009

HEAR AND OBEY

Hear and Obey
by Elena Ramirez




Lord, today, I feel I missed it today
(An opportunity to pray)
And by some feeble excuse,
That does not excuse me.
I lost my opportunity.
Forgive me. I, now, see.

Lord, I want to hear and obey
As I seek you, as I pray.
For, I know not which way to go
And I long to hear your voice, to know.

I promise to obey all that you say,
All you instruct me, today.
I know, by your word,
That my spirit has heard
That wisdom is obtained
When it is you that we fear
And we obey, when we hear.

Not in fear to come to you
But to do those things
That come against your ways;
The enemy wants to stop us
From coming to pray.

Oh, Lord, help us to hear and obey
So your power, in our lives,
Can come through;
To do what we must do ...

So we can find our way.
I pray, I will not do anything
That would contradict what
Your Holy Book does say.

For, I know, in deception,
The enemy will come to play
And, if he had his way,
He comes to deceive, to kill, to destroy.
This is his ploy ...

To conflict, to confuse,
So one can lose.
He so wants your children to leave
The truth we have known
That we should, in your strength, cleave.

But, By Your Holy Spirit, I pray;
Please, show me the way.

I will hear and obey
What you, my God, do say.
To hear only your voice,
This is my choice.

This will help me find my way
As I pray and as I hear and obey.
I know, I will find my way
As I pray, with a promise in my heart,
That, I pray, will not depart.

This is what I pray is within,
To deliver me from sin;
To help me win.

So, at this point, I repent
If your voice I did not hear and obey;
To pray, as I should have, even this day
When it would bring me closer and nearer to thee.
My God, I do see.

Because, when prayer is sent,
I know you have heard
And you know I have also heard
When I hear and obey and always pray
When the opportunity comes my way.




Psalms 18:44
As soon as they hear of me,
they shall obey me: the strangers
shall submit themselves unto me.

Psalm 55:17
Evening, and morning, and at noon,
will I pray, and cry aloud:
and he shall hear my voice.

I Samuel 12:23
Moreover as for me, God forbid
that I should sin against the LORD
in ceasing to pray for you:
but I will teach you
the good and the right way.

Father, my Lord,
Quietly, I come to you to seek your face,
to seek you, to ask to forgive
me. For, there is such a longing in my heart,
a gap. Something is missing and I know
I missed something special by not rising early, to pray.

I was preoccupied with my own selfish desires ...
and you are telling me that is why I am feeling
the way I am feeling, because there are times
you will specifically call us to pray and,
if we miss it, we can miss being near you.

Lord, it seems like ten thousand years
and I feel aimless. But, I will,
even here, repent and seek you,
and call on your most holy name, and
pray my repentant heart will draw
you close again to me. For, I so
am lost without hearing you and I miss out,
when I do not obey.

So, even here, again, forgive me, I pray. In Jesus name, Amen.



No comments:

Elenas Christian Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones